Voting has now closed! Please see the winners of the competition listed here Cat of the Year Winners
Lamington Terrace Veterinary Surgery , QLD
Other things you should know about me
Job Title: In my clinic I am of vital importance and some of my many duties include: Senior Client Liaison Officer, Reception Counter Supervisor and Liver Treat Quality Control Officer.
How I arrived at my clinic: I was found as a stray cat and rushed into Lamington Terrace Veterinary Surgery with very severe Tick Paralysis. It was touch and go for a while but being the little fighter I am, I managed to pull through with the loving and extensive care I received. I think my nurses had originally intended to find me a new family once I was fully recovered but as the weeks went on I became quite fond of them and decided this was where I wanted to stay. So I hatched a brilliant plan to win all of their hearts by being the most sweet, loving, smoochy, cheeky cat I could possibly be (I mean I pulled out ALL the stops!!) and just as I knew they would, they decided they just couldn’t live without me and hey presto here I stayed!!!
My favourite things: Well I enjoy quite the charmed life but if I had to pick my four favourite things they would be:
1. Sleeping draped over the computer screen at the reception counter.
2. Safety testing all the staff lunches (with or without permission) to ensure they aren’t poisoned
3. Hanging out with Nurse Alyce when she’s working and ignoring everyone else!
4. Licking and smooching all the puppies and small dog visitors we get
My naughtiest habits: Well I don’t consider that I have any naughty habits but my humans would say:
1. Crawling into our clients handbags when they aren’t looking and sleeping in them.
2. Apparently I have blown up a computer monitor or two by sleeping on top of them and filling their air vents with my hair.. but I still maintain that ginger and white hair could have belonged to anyone!
3. Stealing liver treats from the dog treat jars when the vet nurses leave their lids off (Hehehe yes this one I’ve definitely done)
4. Taste-testing the staff lunches without permission (I have tried to explain that I’m checking for poison but the humans just don’t listen!!)
My special needs: Well I was very sick when I first arrived and needed lots of care and attention but am very healthy and happy now… I know my people say that I am overweight and need diet food but I don’t consider myself overweight.. I am simply just enjoying my curves!!
Vote for Prickles now by entering your name and email address, and clicking 'vote now' below!