Voting has now closed! Please see the winners of the competition listed here Cat of the Year Winners
Domestic Short Hair, Tabby
Wandin Vet Clinic, VIC
Wandin Vet Clinic, VIC
I'm a top pawformer with a lot of cattitude...not shabby for a tabby!
Job titleWanda of the Wandin Vet Clinic, First of her Name, Queen of the Clinic and the First Felines, Protector of the Reception Desk, the Rightful Winner of the Dermcare Clinic Cat of the Year competition, Khaleesi of the Cat Ward, Breaker of Many Objects, and Mother of None.
My clinic dutiesProtecting the reception desk from any whom dare to cross, warming various objects with my furry but perfectly proportioned derriere, sampling various bags of both prescription dog and cat food, inspecting all incoming parcels and boxes.
My favourite thingsSleeping behind the fridge, stealing blood tubes and hiding them from the nurses, surveying my kingdom from high vantage points, licking yogi off the yoghurt container lid (delicious), hiding in the filing folders and attacking anyone's hands who dare to get close enough, hissing at invaders (dogs, cats, mailmen, tradespeople), stealing lunches, 'educating' students (it's just so easy to lure them in, then WHAM! GOTCHA!).
My naughtiest habitNaughty? Listen sweetie, I'm not naughty. Everything I do is critical to the successful operation of the clinic.
What makes me an important part of the team?Well someone has to hold the place together!!!
Other things you should know about me
There's a few things you need to know about me:
- Look but don't touch. I've just spent ages perfecting this hairstyle.
- I'm not attacking the students, I'm educating them.
- I love to play lab, and I'm good at it. I'll show you how to use those Idexx machines, no stress! Can't find that blood tube? Don't worry, I've got a stash of them hidden around the clinic.
- If you're eating any of the following items, it would be rude not to share them with me - chicken, tuna, yoghurt, cheese, ham, turkey.
- If you leave a glass of water lying around the clinic, I will need to drink from it.
- My toe beans are perfectly proportioned for typing. Why else would I walk all over your keyboard?
- Those birds on the powerline outside the office window give me the shits. Thats why I swear at them every time I see them.
- I know you're not meant to feed me liver treats. But don't worry, I'll just vomit them up on the carpet in the office when nobody is looking.
- No need to be scared of insects when I'm around. Spiders, flies, millipeeds, bird flies, leave it to me, I'll hunt them down! Mmm they're pretty tasty too...
- Bend the knee...otherwise I will Dracarys you with my fish breath!